Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Oct. 4 deadline apply DEQ funds for sustainable materials management project
Application deadline is Oct. 4 for Idaho Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) funding to finance sustainable materials management projects.
Eligible to apply are local governments, solid waste districts, health districts, Indian tribes, public and private universities and colleges, and public and private non-profit institutions.
Sustainable materials management projects focus on ways to reduce the amount of resources used, as well as the environmental impacts of resource use, during a product’s life cycle. Examples of such projects include zero waste programs that reduce resource use, in-process recycling or reuse projects that focus on reducing solid waste generation, or disposal alternatives such as community recycling or composting projects.
The funding request can be for no more than $20,000. DEQ is particularly interested in funding projects that maximize the investment for the long-term benefit of the community.
Information and application forms are available on DEQ’s website – www.deq.idaho.gov – or through Idaho DEQ, Attn: Ben Jarvis, 1410 N. Hilton, Boise, ID 83706; Fax: (208) 373-0315; or e-mail: email@example.com .
More like this story
- Oct. 16 deadline to apply through NRCS for general EQIP
- Solid waste expense may jump $110K under DEQ rules
- ‘Need to step away from the past and focus on our future’
- April 25 Deadline: Grant program seeks innovative resource conservation projects for agriculture
- DEQ seeks candidates to serve on Crop Residue Burning Advisory Committee