Wednesday, January 8, 2014
RIGGINS – A court hearing is pending for Phillip W. Burrell, 52, of Bakersfield, Calif., charged with felony burglary and grand theft in an Aug. 30, 2013, incident at the Cattlemen’s Restaurant in Riggins.
According to court records, Burrell is alleged to have entered the establishment and taken an envelope with cash and checks, which was noticed by an employee who confronted Burrell who put the envelope back. However, an owner inspection of the envelope found approximately $2,306.82 missing, along with a $500 check.
Burrell is currently held in California, pending extradition to Idaho County.
Idaho County Sheriff’s Office Corporal Jonny Wilson investigated the case.
More like this story
- Kretschmer sentenced; sentencing set in felony theft
- More charges for McReynolds; Smith also charged in burglary
- Prison time suspended, probation ordered for gold nugget thief
- Area thefts possible factor in boat ramp shooting; Manley faces felony charges
- Turner faces grand theft charge for stealing rifles, handgun from roommate