Wednesday, May 21, 2014
Two thoughts on the proposed helipad come to mind. First, is an area with cement blocks, a chain link fence and a 24-hour lit windsock what we want visitors seeing as they enter an otherwise attractive and vibrant Main St.? Second, helicopters are loud. This is why we have airports. They may come and go at any hour, disrupting even the quiet of those in the hospital.
All rural hospitals transport by ambulance to airports. I am surprised the hospital purchased the property for this purpose with no thought to public input or the effect on neighboring businesses and residents.
More like this story
- Council sends helipad proposal into conditional use process
- Ready to land Hospital discusses helipad plan with council
- Town hall meeting draws crowd, discussion on hospital renovation
- Syringa Hospital concerns discussed; trustees delay Main Street helipad issue until spring
- Attend meeting to address concerns with hospital plans