Wednesday, May 28, 2014/lk
Final official results from the May 20 primary election will be available pending ballot canvassing by the Idaho County Commission, which was under way press time Tuesday, May 27.
Last week, results in several contested races and decisions were as follows:
Idaho County Treasurer
Newcomer Abbie Hudson overcame incumbent Deanna Hall as the Republican pick for Idaho County Treasurer, 1,604 to 1,461.
In Stites, voters approved a $750,000 sewer revenue bond proposal, 39 to 10, to fund wastewater system improvements.
In White Bird voters favored a $2.5 million sewer revenue bond proposal, 25 to 3, to fund wastewater system improvements
In Mountain View School District 244, voters approved the one-year supplemental $2,663,246 levy. Votes were 1,335 yes and 1,242 no (51.8 percent in favor).
Cottonwood Joint School District 242, patrons gave the nod on a $350,000 levy. Votes were 390 yes and 276 no (58.55 percent in favor).
Salmon River Joint School District 243 in Riggins received approval for a $545,000 levy. Votes were 205 yes and 123 no (62.5 percent in favor).
More like this story
- Election: Hudson gets GOP nod; levies, revenue bonds pass with voters
- May 20 election: official results: Primary turnout down 12 percent from 2012
- Districts say ‘Yes’ on school levies
- Primary election next Tuesday, May 20
- Stites: $750,000 for new sewer lines, fix infiltration Effort to decrease flow transferred for treatment